Whole Ostrich Fillet Roast with Blue Cheese and Peppercorn Topping
20 minutes cooking time
30 minutes preparation time
- 400 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Whole Fillet
- 65 ml Sour Cream
- 15 g Madagascar Peppercorns
- 65 ml Creamy Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 7.5 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2.5 ml Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all these ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Brush meat on both sides with olive oil.
- Quickly seal meat on both sides in a little olive oil and 5 ml butter in a heavy based grill pan. Turn once, using tongs.
- Spread the topping over the meat and place meat in an oven tray.
- Roast until the required degree of doneness.
Roast 15 minutes at 180C for a rare roast and 20 minutes for a medium roast.
Serve with roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe by: Tersia de Wet