Ostrich Goulash with homemade Tomato Sauce
1 hour cooking time
2 hours preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Goulash
- 60 ml Flour, seasoned with course Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 15 g Butter
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Green Pepper, diced
- 250 g Button Mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in a little Butter and Olive Oil
- 400 g Tomatoes, chopped
- 125 ml Water
- 15 ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 250 ml Sour Cream or Plain Yoghurt
- Coat the ostrich goulash with seasoned flour.
- Heat half the butter and 15 ml of the oil in a large frying pan, and sauté the meat until brown.
- Remove the meat from the pan and place in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and green pepper to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until tender.
- Add all the ingredients to the meat and bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream or yoghurt.
- Replace over low heat, stirring until mixture is hot, without letting it boil.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with parsley rice, couscous or fettuccini.
Recipe by: Tersia de Wet