Ostrich and Pear Casserole
1 hour cooking time
2 hours preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Goulash
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) Butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 45 ml Flour
- 125 ml Red Wine
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cups) Beef Stock
- 3 Pears, peeled & quartered
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Dust the ostrich goulash with flour, add to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Place meat in casserole dish and sprinkle the rest of the flour over the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a casserole dish.
- Put the casserole in the oven with the lid on and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with polenta slices or mashed potato and butternut.
Recipe by: Tersia de Wet