Kannaland Ostrich Fillet Carpaccio with Herb Sauce
2 minutes cooking time
5-8 hours preparation time
- 1 kg Klein Karoo Ostrich Fillet
- 1 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 22.5 g Parmesan Cheese, thinly sliced
- Grill ostrich fillet in pan or open fire. Seal fillets first before rubbing meat with black pepper.
- Braai until rare or medium rare.
- Remove from fire and place in a casserole. Leave until cold. Place in fridge for 5 – 8 hours.
- Prepare the herb sauce so long and then cut the fillets into paper thin slices.
- 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil (or cooking oil)
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons French Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Finely Chopped Marjoram
- Mix first three ingredients well and divide equally. Pour into two small bowls.
- Add mustard and mayonnaise to one bowl oil/vinegar and mix with a small wire whisk. Do not use an electric blender – it can cause the sauce to curdling.
- Pour this sauce on the basis and near the rim of a platter. Place the thinly sliced ostrich fillet (overlapping) on top of the sauce in the platter.
- Whisk herbs and remaining oil/vinegar mix together and pour over meat.
- Decorate with slivers of Parmesan.
- Serve hot or cold with a variety of breads and salad.
Recipe by: Alet Coetzee