Homemade Ostrich Burgers
20 minutes cooking time
35 minutes preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 1 Onion, chopped and fried
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Capers, chopped
- 2 Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 slice Whole-Wheat Bread, crumbled and soaked in
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and mille Pepper to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 4 Soft Rolls
- 3 Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh Lettuce
- To make the burgers, knead together the mince, onion, garlic, capers, anchovy fillets, Worcestershire sauce, bread, egg and seasoning.
- Shape the Ostrich mixture into 6 patties.
- Moisten with oil and pan-fry or grill until nicely browned but still medium rare.
- Sandwich between split soft rolls along with sliced tomatoes and lettuce.
Recipe by: Tersia de Wet