Asian Style Ostrich Steak Strips and Vegetable Stir-Fry
12 minutes cooking time
20 minutes preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Steak Meddalions
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 Red Chilli, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 3 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 150 g Mange Tout, shredded
- 100 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g Green Cabbage, finely sliced
- A splash Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 10 ml Soy Sauce
- Baste steak lightly with olive oil.
- Season with pepper and cook in a hot griddle pan or under a preheated grill for 5 minutes on each side or until done to taste.
- Remove and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut steak into very thin slices and place in a bowl with remaining meat juices.
- Mix the garlic, chili, red onion and spring onions together.
- Mix all the other vegetables together.
- Keep the two mixes separate.
- Heat a wok until very hot.
- Add a splash of oil.
- When it starts smoking, add the chili and onion mix.
- Stir for just 2 seconds before adding the other mix.
- Flip, toss and keep stirring the vegetables in the wok with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ostrich steak strips.
- After a minute or two, the vegetables should have begun to soften.
- Add the soy sauce and stir in.
- After about 30 seconds the vegetables should smell amazing!
- Tip on to a serving dish and serve with sweet chili sauce on the side.
Recipe by: Chef Francois Ferreira