12 minutes cooking time | 20 minutes preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Steak
- 15 ml olive oil
- Baste with olive oil.
- Heat heavy-based or griddle pan until very hot.
- If braaiing, the coals should be very hot.
- Place the steaks in the pan or on the grid and seal both sides.
- Once the meat is sealed, sprinkle with seasoning.
- Turn meat twice on each side until done as preferred.
- Remove from heat. Baste with olive oil. Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar *
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped *
- 10ml fresh tarragon, chopped *
- 2 egg yolks *
- 125ml butter, cubed *
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the white wine vinegar, spring onion and tarragon in a small pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the mixture has reduced by a third.
- Allow to cool completely and then strain the vinegar into a heatproof bowl.
- Add the egg yolks to the bowl, then place the bowl over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Whisk until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Add the butter, a cube at a time, whisking between each addition until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet